Daily Crunch: In SEC filing, Accenture announced plans to lay off 19,000 workers over the next 18 months
To get a recap of TechCrunch’s largest and most necessary tales delivered to your inbox day by day at 3 PM PDT, subscribe.
Good day, and welcome to your Thursday, the day the TikTok CEO seems earlier than Congress. Our staff works exhausting to maintain up with what is going on on there all day, and you may learn in regards to the fruits of their labor within the Massive Tech part. Now let’s get to the information! — Christine And pilgrim
TechCrunch Prime 3
- Extra layoffs: Layoffs affecting the tech business at the moment are spreading to the businesses that serve them. Accenture introduced right now that it’s going to reduce 19,000 jobs. Manish stories. This represents round 2.5% of the worldwide workforce, however it’s nonetheless an eye-opening determine.
- Do Kwon in custody: Regulation enforcement appears to have caught Terra’s creator, Do Kwon, who was reportedly arrested at Montenegro airport, jacquelyn author. It’s possible you’ll recall that Kwon was underneath investigation in South Korea following the Terra/LUNA crash that worn out practically $40 billion from the cryptocurrency market. Kwon’s whereabouts haven’t been identified since September, though he stated he was collaborating with legislation enforcement.
- excuse to not go to the mall: DoorDash customers can now order from Lush Cosmetics, Victoria’s Secret and Get together Metropolis. The supply large has additionally added some new procuring options like search optimization. Ayse there may be extra.
Rookies and VC
At first look, Boston Dynamics is an odd match for a present like ProMat. Brian author. For many years, the agency has introduced a flamboyant picture to the world – an organization identified for its robotic spotlight reels, from the Massive Canine driving via the snow to the path operating Atlas. However a current method revealed that the corporate is going through one in every of its largest challenges to this point: getting its robots to work in a commercialized trend.
Lun, a Denmark-based local weather know-how startup, helps warmth pump installers decarbonize properties and shortly, Natasha L stories, beginning with heating techniques and changing boilers with electrical warmth pumps.
Robots, warmth pumps, and 5 extra tech information, oh my:
4 Indian buyers clarify how their funding technique has modified since 2021
For our newest survey, TechCrunch reporter Jagmeet Singh requested 4 Indian buyers how their companies have modified for the reason that world tech downturn started.
Enterprise capital financing within the area “dried up within the second half of 2022,” so he requested about their present deal-making tempo, what funding traits they’re following, and the way founders can attain them:
- GV Ravishankar, Managing Director, Sequoia India
- Ashutosh Sharma, head of investments in India, Prosus Ventures
- Higher Capital CEO and founder Vaibhav Domkundwar
- Roopan Aulakh, Managing Director, Pi Ventures
Oh, and naturally there are three extra folks from the TC+ staff right now:
TechCrunch+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup groups keep forward of their rivals. you may register right here. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Massive Expertise Inc.
The most important information for right now was clearly TikTok, and our colleagues had been plugging all the pieces from the Congressional listening to to who would profit if there was a US ban. Discover out about new developments right here.
And now we carry you six non-TikTok tales:
#Every day #Crunch #SEC #submitting #Accenture #introduced #plans #lay #employees #months